Tuesday, May 15, 2012

glimpse of heaven

There is an enchanted land that they call the heaven

A land that doesn’t go dark

Its pavements in gold

Filled with the repertoire of angels

This is the place where I have to be, said my mother

She taught me the way to get there

It is a long ride said she

It is for the courageous and not for the faint hearted

Take this with you

She placed a black book on my hand

I didn’t know how this would help me

But I decided to walk as the booked asked me to

It was not long before I started that I fell off the path

The book said “keep on walking”

I saw the wound that came from the fall

It was bleeding

 

I looked before me

A long and winding road

It was dark and murky

The movements in the bushes made me afraid

The book said “do not fear, keep walking”

I walked through the scariest places that I have ever seen

I wished to run through the path and finish it quickly

My heart pounded inside my chest as if it wanted to escape the confinement of my ribs

The darkness around me allowed me to walk slowly and carefully

I wished for the light to pierce the darkness that hovered like monstrous carpet over me

My prayers answered, I saw the light, what joy that filled my heart!

I knew I was getting closer to the place that my mother said

I saw the gold scattered on the green meadows

A dollop of cloud passed by me

Blinding me from the huge mansion that was before me

A gush of wind from the east carried the clouds away

The mansion, once hidden, was before my eyes

I saw creatures flying over it

Dressed in white

Flying in unison

Playing the instrument that I’ve never seen

Its sound so clear and perfect

Swam from a distance to my ears

Flooding my senses with the sweetness so indescribable

I couldn’t contain the joy within me

It is the land that befits the description in my black book

I wish I had the wings to fly over there to join the merriment

I opened the book to find an easy way out, but it had none

I was sad but determined to reach this splendid land before me

I didn’t want to give it up for anything

I knew my pleasure was there

I knew the joy was unlimited there

The pain that was here won’t last, I knew!

Oh, how beautiful are you

The city of the saints

You are greater than all the cities of this world!

If only, our mortal eyes were open to your beauty

My spirit overjoyed and sang songs of gladness

At the sight of you!

If only mortal ears could hear the sweet music that flows from you

I’m in love with you the great city

I see the creator dressed in glory

His angels singing songs of gladness

I have to keep on walking to reach there

I mustered the courage in me

To walk fixing my eyes on this great city

My home, my heaven, my paradise

(wrote on 16.05.2012. by vinal raj R)

2 comments: