Monday, July 20, 2009

when i was born
as you know
i came crying
but this world was quite different
i didn't have anything tagged to me

with the lids of my eyes slightly opened
i saw the smile of my mother
covered in love and life
i was taken to my father's hand

before i got a name
i didn't have a religion
i was just a creation of heavenly Father
then, i was free
to crawl anywhere
to touch anything that didn't hurt me
i was inside the bossom of freedom

Today, I'm a man
the leisure of my childhood is taken away
i'm tagged down by religion
my hands tied down by knowledge
the smiles that adored
has drifted to oblivion

today, my thoughts have boundaries
kept by the world
if my words break it
I'm the outcast, rebel on the run

i'm waiting for that glorious day
as the Holy scriptures say
i will be lifted to the kingdom of Freedom
where i'm no longer a man or a child
where i'm not pained by the emotions or the words
where i will not have pen down to show what's inside
cos i will be empty...

written by vinal raj r
on 21st of july 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment