Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the flower that i loved

I write this poem for that

Beautiful flower in my garden

Do you know? This was the only flower

In my vast, pompous and great garden

That I liked?

I still remember the day

That its tiny bud blossomed to a

Beautiful flower

How splendid it looked,

Like a beautiful lady

Adorned in diamond,

That’s how I felt

When the sun’s rays fell on the dew

Which it held like a precious ornament

Its robe didn’t fall off

When the wind came

Nor did the rain smash it down

Tiny and big bees

Loitered around it

Even the butterflies

Meditated on it

Now I have this graceful flower

Just before me

In this ceramic vase

Allured to its beauty

I didn’t want it to be blown away

With the wind

So I talked with someone

Who could help me

He said there is a secret potion with him

That can keep it alive as long I live

You know how much I loved it, right?

I dedicated my evenings for it

I would watch it sway with the winds

Dancing with the gentle breeze

So I said to this man

Tell me how much it costs

Do you know how much it cost me?

How could you know?

Cos I’m the one who paid for it

It cost me my garden

I gave him my years flower

A grand collection that I had

For this one flower

That I have started to feel

Has lost its beauty

The potion doesn’t work well on it

But I still keep this one particular flower

Always, before my eyes

2 comments:

  1. hello vinal
    i was no nice to meet you today with bonny,i jus read urpeoms , it was so amazing . actually poems and songs cannot be written simply, it really needs some talent , hardwrks and some good thinking behind it and this is the talent god has given to you. just reachout with this talent to the ends of the world thru various means you could .
    i suggest you to make a account on twitter, mybloglog, technorati, and other social networks so as to get some maximum exposure for the works you are doing. not for just exposure , but your works maytouch he hearts of many people in these coming days.
    may god bless you dear. thanking ord for giving such a good friend who have a rare talent .pls do mail me at titto.nidhi@gmail.com or feel free to call me or sms me at 09810243273.
    hey vinal i am following your blog now.may god bless you and use you mightly in these coming days.love and prayers
    titto jose
    icpf,delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bhaiya
    love this poem coz it connects with something i love flowers and subsequently nature..cool!!
    keep glorifying da Almighty thru ur talent!!

    ReplyDelete